Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park provides volunteer opportunities students currently completing a relevant animal care course at TAFE.
TAFE student volunteer (tertiary students):
This program is aimed towards providing an entry into the captive animal industry which looks to rotate volunteers through some different animal care sections.
A successful applicant is someone who possesses the following:
- Currently studying Captive Animals or Animal Studies at TAFE or Registered Training Organisation as a tertiary student.
- Passion for animals, driven and energetic.
- Interest in working in the Captive Animal industry.
- Availability and commitment to a minimum of one day per week volunteering (7.30am-4pm). This includes public holidays and throughout NSW school holidays.
- Ability to:
– follow directions and communicate clearly
– work unsupervised and in a team environment
– perform physical tasks including extended periods of raking and lifting
– work in all weather conditions
High School or University work experience:
Unfortunately Featherdale is not currently offering work experience days to High School or University students. Should this opportunity arise, this web page will be updated with details.