Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park provides volunteer opportunities for those wanting industry-level experience working with native wildlife.
TAFE student volunteer (tertiary students):
- This program provides entry into the Exhibited Animal industry, rotating volunteers through different Animal Care departments. Priority will be given to students currently studying Exhibited Animals or Animal Studies at TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation as a tertiary student.
A successful applicant is someone who possesses the following:
- Passion for animals, driven and energetic.
- Interest in working in the Exhibited Animal Industry.
- Availability and commitment to a minimum of one day per week volunteering (7:00am-4:00pm). This includes public holidays and NSW school holidays.
- Ability to:
– Follow directions and have good communication
– Work unsupervised and in a team environment
– Perform physical tasks including extended periods of raking and lifting
– Work in all weather conditions
High School or University work experience:
Unfortunately, Featherdale is not currently offering work experience to High School or University students. Should this opportunity arise, this web page will be updated with details.