At Featherdale, our encounters are led by how our animals choose to engage with our guests. Our animals and their welfare always comes first.
Something very special happens when you get the chance to have a personal encounter with an animal. When an animal chooses to engage with you, it brings a true and unspoken connection that touches the heart.
At Featherdale, our animals choose to do encounters and engage with our guests, and we see that they equally get as much out of the experience and interaction as our guests do.
We’re proud to offer a range of unique and memorable encounter opportunities for you to meet and get closer to some of Australia’s most unique and amazing wildlife.
Due to Covid-19 masks are currently mandatory at all encounters.
Which encounter are you going to choose?
- As the needs and welfare of our animals are our most significant priority, Featherdale reserves the right to postpone or cancel Additional Featherdale Experiences at any given time. This can include extreme weather conditions such as high temperatures and animal behaviour.
- All animal encounter bookings will not be confirmed until full payment of the experience is paid. If the booking is cancelled prior to 1 weeks notice, 50% of the deposit paid will be forfeited. The deposit will not be refunded if a cancellation is made within 1 week of the animal experience booking.
- All animal encounters are subject to availability of the chosen animal. Featherdale reserves the right to substitute the experience. We will endeavour to provide a similar experience in this unlikely circumstance.
- Experiences proceed regardless of weather conditions
- Private Animal Encounters (Mammals, Birds & Reptiles) are not recommended for guests with Nut allergies, as this is a bird favourite!
- Please advise child age upon booking. It is essential that children are calm and quiet during Private Animal Encounters, to ensure that we can provide a stress-free and relaxed environment for the animals and trainers.